Make a Legacy Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Beneficiary Designations Are Easy and Flexible
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their will or estate. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three, simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name Wesley as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage you would like Wesley to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
See How It Works
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial support they've been able to give their children and Wesley over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left Wesley a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because Wesley is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes, leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. They are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Make Sure You Have a Plan for All Your AssetsDownload My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Contact David Snow at 206-870-1261 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or questions on beneficiary designations and how they can help support Wesley's mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name Wesley Community Foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Wesley Community Foundation
Address: 815 South 216th Street, Des Moines, Washington 98198
Federal Tax ID Number: 91-1732317